ICT Services Overview
Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) is changing the learning experience of modern higher education students. It comes in many forms, ranging from the conventional desktop to a handheld device such as a Smartphone. The Centre seeks to provide an environment where students can blend the use of EASTC and personal IT facilities to create an individualized learning experience. Among of the services that ICT Unit provides to the Center include:-
- Free Access to the internet through wired and wireless connectivity.
- Access to various generic and specific software packages.
- Development and management of EASTC Students Information Systems(SIS) and Online Application System (OLAP).
- Design and Develop Statistical Management Information Systems
- Website development and administration.
- Email services to staff, board members and students
- Repairing and Maintenance of ICT equipments
- Management and development of EASTC communication infrastructure including LAN and telephone system
- Management of data storage facilities and backup services.
- User support