LECTURER - 1 POST
Employer: Eastern Africa Statistical Training Centre (EASTC
Date Published: 2017-08-16
Application Deadline: 2017-08-30
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
i. Teach NTA level 8 for Master’s degree holders and up to NTA level 9 for PhD holders;
ii. Guide and supervise students in building up their practical and research projects;
iii. Prepare learning resources and design training exercises for students;
iv. Conduct consultancy and community services;
v. Develop and review existing curricula;
vi. Undertake individual research;
vii. Prepare teaching manuals, simulations and case studies for training; and
viii. Mentor junior teaching staff.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Doctorate (PhD) Degree either in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology.
• Registered technical teacher and holder of Masters Degree/PhD in Economics, Statistics, working in similar position in a recognized institution.
• Masters Degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or Information Technology who has a proven applicable working experience preferably in research/consultancy of at least (10) ten years in the industry and has published at least five consultancy/research reports/papers of the academic and professional appreciable depth in the relevant field.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale PHTS 5
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age;
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
iv. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate
v. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
vi. Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
ix. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
x. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
xi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
xii. A signed application letters should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 27 Bibi Titi Mohammed Road, P.O.Box 63100, Maktaba Complex, 11102 Dar Es Salaam.
xiii. Deadline for application is 30th August, 2017 and;
xiv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
xv. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address can also be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)