Students Registration Process
- Admission letter together with joining instructions will be sent to successful applicants by the time they receive an offer of a place, indicating date at which they should report for the orientation program. It is imperative that students arrive on the specified date.
- Admission is conditional upon receipt of a satisfactory medical report being received by EASTC. Students are responsible for any medical examination fee.
- Fees are payable in full at the beginning of each academic year or in two installments at the beginning of each semester, first semester 60% of the fee must be paid. No student shall be allowed to register or attend classes unless the required fees have been paid.
- New students must register within the time laid down in the orientation week. Failure to meet this requirement may result in the offer of a place being withdrawn.
- Continuing students must complete registration within the time period laid out in the EASTC Calendar.
- Students will be registered under the names appearing on the Form IV certificate(s) they submitted for their applications. Once registered, names may not be changed unless legal procedures are followed, and no change of names will be allowed in the final year of study.
- All students shall commit themselves in writing to abide by the College rules and regulations as prescribed. A copy of the rules and regulations shall be made available to students and adequate notice will be given of any suggested changes to the rules and regulations.
- Fees will not be refunded if a student withdraws or leaves EASTC without permission.
- Students may be allowed to postpone studies after the start of the academic year for exceptional reasons (e.g. serious ill-health or social problems). Permission to postpone studies shall be considered by the EASTC Rector after the student has produced evidence for the reasons for postponement.
- Students will be issued with identity cards which must be carried at all times and must be produced when requested by appropriate EASTC officers and when using EASTC facilities (library, computer lab). The identity card is not transferable and any fraudulent use may result in loss of student privileges or suspension.